Posts Tagged ‘spread love’
2012/04/07 in Connectin', Global
Tags: awards, blog it out bitch:), comedy, enjoy blogs, entertainment, follow blogs, intermediate algebra, read blogs, rugged materials, spread love, sucker punch, Sunshine Award
For this great honor I thank nizamhappieboyz, who, incidentally, posted “Life is Short, Enjoy Everything” very apt or a propos as they would say in France. Now for the rest of my responsibilities in regards to this honor. I listed 10 blogs that I think are really cool. I follow way more blogs than I thought, lol, but I’m still looking for more so watch out blogesphere! I will expose your awesomeness as awards come my way And now for 10 things about me, that may or may not be cool but at the very least you had no idea… or maybe you did, I’m transparent.
1) Here are 3 of my favorite Heroes, some real, some fictional, guess which: Miyamoto Musashi, D’Artagnon, Popeye (the Sailor).
2) I like Cartoons, Animation, Anime it is my favorite medium for film and television.
3) One thing I could not live without? MUSIC any genre will do, in a pinch.
4) I like classic cars, CHEVY’s because you can actually work on the engine and fix stuff, change stuff, just be a cool greaser. Volkswagens are cool like that too, Bugs.
5) I love physics and science, astrophysics, engineering BUT I am bad at math never got past intermediate Algebra, which I think I flunked. Chemistry? Fuhgettaboutit.
6) I am great with my hands and love to work with them. Building stuff, fixing stuff.
7) I believe that computers (really all electronics) are somewhat sentient and some respond to threats, but as aggravating as technology can be, you should be nice and it will work better for you.
8) The funniest book I read was The Sot Weed Factor. You will just laugh all the way through and its like 1000 pages but 1000 pages you will not want to end.
9) The Worst Movie I’ve seen? That would have to be Sucker Punch, sorry, it was horrible. But I couldn’t NOT watch it (did you see Emily Browning?)
10) I love utilitarian clothing. Durable stuff with cool pockets, zippers, buttons made of rugged materials. Paramilitary/streetwear stuff. William Gibson touches on it a little in Zero History, what an awesome coincidence that was for me.
And now for your responsibilities (though some of you are previous winners, that’s just your awesomeness.)
- 1. Include the award Logo(s) in a post or in your blog. (Done above)
- Answer 10 questions about yourself.
- Nominate 10 to 12 other fabulous bloggers.
- Link your nominees to the post and comment on their blog, letting them know about the award.
- Share the love and link the person who nominated you.
Top Posts & Pages
GoodreadsNo data found
- RT @HuffingtonPost: Ang Lee reflects on his success huff.to/173Gp75 1 week ago
- RT @HuffingtonPost: Psychic slammed for telling Amanda Berry's mother her daughter was dead in 2004 huff.to/18ZeWjD 1 week ago
- RT @TheHorrorMaster: I would love to direct DEAD SPACE. 1 week ago
- RT @LeBatardShow: http://t.co/uWvShfUvfB 1 week ago
- RT @NylonMag: The @MetMuseum's new exhibit on punk opens today--will it be worth the lines to see? We discuss: bit.ly/11mxQmP 1 week ago
- RT @BBCTech: Gamers leaving World of Warcraft bbc.in/10tk77w 1 week ago
- There's no living in sin! All were cleansed in the blood of the lamb. That's in the Bible PROMINENTLY! No searching and searching 3 weeks ago
- Man of Steel trailer shows off Superman's HEAT VISION
- We'll seriously miss Warehouse 13
- Your daily dose of nightmare fuel: squiggly ant-parasites from hell
- The Only Character in Revolution Who's Still Worth Rooting For
- Medical Lawsuit: Stop Wrecking Babies' Genitals
- When Pets Get Drafted: The Bizarre History of Animal Soldiers
- V/H/S/ 2 trailer teases scary aliens, FINALLY
- Pentagram Bikini: For the Sunbather Unafraid of Satanic Tan Lines
- Paolo Soleri and the Cities of the Future
- Steven Spielberg is making a live action Halo series
- Sign Up for the Marvel's Avengers Assemble LiveblogThis Thursday at 3:00 p.m. ET, key talent and some big name gurests from "Marvel's Avengers Assemble" will discuss the series' upcoming one-hour preview event, and you can see what they have to say in our special liveblog coverage!Sign up below and join us Thursday, and don't miss the one-hour preview event of "Marvel's Ave […]
- Tuesday Q&A: Peter DavidX-Factor #257 preview art by Neil Edwards By Paul Montgomery With “The End of X-Factor” this summer, writer Peter David boxes up years of open and closed cases with Jamie Madrox, Layla Miller, Strong Guy and the rest in the pages of X-FACTOR. By the time it all wraps in September, he’ll have logged 106 issues with the motley mutants of X-Factor Investigation […]
- Marvel Knights Animation Unleashes Wolverine: Origin"Wolverine: Origin" DVD box art by Joe Quesada and Richard Isanove This summer, Marvel fans will learn the secret history of Wolverine that changed the Marvel Universe forever! Written by Eisner Award-winner Paul Jenkins from a story by Joe Quesada, Paul Jenkins and Bill Jemas with captivating artwork by Andy Kubert and Richard Isanove, the adventu […]
- Watch Marvel's The Watcher 2013 - Episode 18Put down those remotes and keep it tuned to The Watcher for a major Marvel TV update!Go inside "Marvel's Avengers Assemble" as well as "Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.," plus get the latest news on movies, comics, gear and more from host Lorraine Cink!The newest edition of The Watcher is here--watch it now! (click here to watch […]
- The History of Iron Man Pt. 49By Jim Beard 50 Years ago, Tony Stark became Iron Man, a historic milestone in the tapestry of the Marvel Universe. Flash forward half a century, and the Armored Avenger has become a worldwide sensation. Beyond his prominent role across the Marvel Comics line, Shellhead hit the big screen in 2008 as Robert Downey Jr. brought Tony Stark to life in the first “ […]
- Sign Up for the Marvel's Avengers Assemble Liveblog
- Ed Miliband brands Google's UK tax avoidance 'WRONG'Pfft. 'Just capitalism? I disagree!' Big Tent Ed Miliband launched a caustic attack on Google today, saying: "When Google goes to extraordinary lengths to avoid paying its taxes, I say it’s wrong."…
- Yahoo! 'won't screw Tumblr'? Then Tumblr will screw its balance sheetMayer attempts to saddle up the web-ad unicorn Comment Famously, Yahoo! has promised during its $1.1bn buy of hipster blog site Tumblr not to "screw it up".…
- Slim Shady wannabe Zuck's Facebook 'STOLE' MY SONG - EminemRap star's publisher slaps copyright claim on Home ad Rapper Eminem's song publisher Eight Mile Style is accusing Facebook and its ad agency of (slim) shady dealings with one of his songs.…
- Stand back, everyone! Dragons' Den ace HAS FOUND THE CLOUDOutsourcery lost £10m, floats for £34m. For that reason, I'm out The wait is almost over for any Brit wanting to take a punt on a homegrown cloud services firms: the UK-based Outsourcery is poised to list on the Alternative Investment Market (AIM)* this Friday.…
- Blue Coat gobbles CCTV-for-network-traffic maker SoleraPacket inspector to aisle two, please Web security outfit Blue Coat Systems is buying Big Data security, intelligence and analytics firm Solera Networks.…
- Word 2 to Office 365 and beyond: The good, the bad and the RibbonDiscuss Microsoft's past and future here, Friday, 24 May, 14:00 Live Chat Since the pioneering work of Word and Excel daddy Charles Simonyi, Microsoft has set the gold standard on productivity applications on the PC.…
- If you've bought DRM'd film files from Acetrax, here's the bad newsWe hope you have plenty of spare time, you'll need it Sky will next month shut down Acetrax, a website that streams movies and offers downloads of DRM-encrypted films to paying punters.…
- Ed Miliband brands Google's UK tax avoidance 'WRONG'
- It appears that EA has changed their minds.It appears that EA has changed their minds. Chief Financial Officer Blake Jorgensen has recently said that they are, in fact, currently developing games for the Wii U. [via Polygon]Read more...András Neltz
- This Game Shows That Being a God is Just Like Playing a Board GameFrom A Valley Without Wind creator Arcen Games comes Skyward Collapse, a turn-based god game for the PC that entices not with its looks, but with its premise.Read more...András Neltz
- What Chinese People Think About The New XboxThe original Xbox and Xbox 360 weren't allowed to for sale in China due to the country's console ban. With the ban looking to stay in place for the foreseeable future, the availability of the Xbox One as well as other next-generation consoles in China is questionable.Read more...Eric Jou
- "Offensive" Sex Buddha Statue Removed from BarA statue of Buddhist deities engaged in what looks like sexual intercourse was dubbed "crude and blasphemous" in China. Read more...Brian Ashcraft
- Origami Gives You Instant DerpLook at these cool dudes! They're so serious. If only there was an easy way to make them look like total goofballs. Turns out, there is. Read more...Brian Ashcraft
- It appears that EA has changed their minds.
- KADOKAWA GAMES announces global publishing partners for KILLER IS DEAD™ 2013/02/01KADOKAWA GAMES announces global publishing partners for KILLER IS DEAD™ Game will be released by XSEED in North America and Deep Silver in Europe and Oceania KADOKAWA GAMES, LTD. announced plans for a global release of their highly anticipated action game KILLER IS DEAD™on the PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system and Xbox 360® video game and enterta […]GRASSHOPPER MANUFACTURE
- GungHo Online Entertainment Brings On Suda51 Development Studio, Grasshopper Manufacture 2013/01/31GungHo Online Entertainment Brings On Suda51 Development Studio, Grasshopper Manufacture Japanese Publisher Bolsters In-house Development Talent as Innovative Team Led by Legendary Game Designer, Goichi Suda, Joins Stellar Lineup Alongside Game Arts, Acquire, and GRAVITY TOKYO, JAPAN (January 30, 2013) - GungHo Online Entertainment, Inc. (GOE) today anno […]GRASSHOPPER MANUFACTURE
- Best Arsenal & Best New IP!! Lollipop Chainsaw is definitely a keeper!! 2013/01/24[FEAR AWARDS] Here Are Your Picks For The Best And Worst Horror Games Of 2012 Best Arsenal & Best New IP!! Lollipop Chainsaw is definitely a keeper!! http://bloody-disgusting.com/news/3214829/fear-awards-here-are-your-picks-for-the-best-and-worst-video-games-of-2012/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitterGRASSHOPPER MANUFACTURE
- Lollipop Chainsaw has WON BEST ORIGINAL IP in Capsule Computer's 2012 Game of the Year Awards 2013/01/13Lollipop Chainsaw has WON BEST ORIGINAL IP in Capsule Computer's 2012 Game of the Year Awards http://www.capsulecomputers.com.au/2013/01/capsule-computers-2012-game-of-the-year-awards/4/GRASSHOPPER MANUFACTURE
- Black Knight Sword on PSN & XBLA is available to download in NA and Europe 2012/12/12Black Knight Sword on PSN & XBLA is available to download in NA and Europe now! !GRASSHOPPER MANUFACTURE
- KADOKAWA GAMES announces global publishing partners for KILLER IS DEAD™ 2013/02/01
- Haven't pre-ordered Shin Megami Tensei IV yet? Best Buy would be happy to take your order! bestbuy.com/site/Shin+Mega… 1 week ago
- E3 is coming. Join our Faithful for news, updates, and giveaways! Maybe something will happen tomorrow… atlus.com/faithful 1 week ago
- It’s almost E3! We’re bringing some much needed SMTIV and Dragon’s Crown action to our booth! Check us out in West Hall 5010 this year! 1 week ago
- ANNOUNCEMENT: Preorder Dragon’s Crown (PS3 or Vita) & get a full-color 64pg. art book. atlus.com/dragonscrown/p… http://t.co/M0negSwf62 1 week ago
- RT @IGN: We played the action RPG Dragon's Crown for PlayStation 3 and Vita. Be excited. go.ign.com/15uiAFE 2 weeks ago
- Makossa Brooklyn returns to NY. RSVP for FREE inside via our friends at @MakossaBK !Hot damn, it’s Summer already and with Summer comes Summer parties. With Summer parties, comes one of our all time favorites out in NYC — Makossa Brooklyn. Trust us. Our folks with Makossa know how to do it. These guys kept a party crackin’ in the middle of a heatwave, through a rainstorm (till the [...]
- Win Tickets to see @GillesPeterson in SF or LA!!!Five and two. Both are the respective number of years that the King of Worldwide, Gilles Peterson has played in San Francisco or Los Angeles. It’s no secret that both events will sell out. In fact, it would be safe to assume that more than a score of you are planning to go and have [...]
- 10 Great Acts to Catch at EDC New YorkElectric Daisy Carnival returns to New York City for two days beginning on Friday, May 17. Saturday has already sold out, with limited Friday tickets remaining. URB has handpicked the essential acts to catch at this dance music festival, in no particular order but alphabetical.
- Win Free Tickets to Hangout Fest courtesy of @BrownYoChris & @Phil_ennBack at it again. With Hangout Fest going down this week, I’m sure that someone out in the Gulf Coast area just hasn’t gotten a chance to grab a pair of tickets yet… If that’s the case, let URB co-horts @BrownYoChris & @Phil_enn save the day. All you have to do is take one look [...]
- Fixed Gear + Art = Red Bull Ride + Style5,000 people were on hand at the Justin Herman Plaza for the 3rd annual Red Bull Ride + Style race and freestyle competition this past Saturday. Check out some of the great shots taken by the photographers at the event, while Jason Clary and Matt Reyes stole the spotlight, winning the Track and Freestyle competitions, [...]
- Makossa Brooklyn returns to NY. RSVP for FREE inside via our friends at @MakossaBK !
- The Three Arrows, The Miniskirt And The Bras of Abenomics 2013/05/14Since the end of 2012, the prime minister of Japan Shinzo Abe and his finance minister Taro Aso have started a new aggressive economic policy with the main objectives of ending the vicious circle of deflation in which Japan has been mired during the last 20 years, and achieving an inflation of 2%. The models [...]
- Kyoto Scientists Visualize People’s Dreams 2013/05/09A team of researchers lead by Yukiyasu Kamitani has been able to decipher the contents of the dreams of three people. To be able to achieve this feat, first they had to collect the data of the dreams of three volunteers by using fMRI and EGG/EOG/EMG/ECG scanners while they were sleeping and also while they [...]
- Tomato Haircut 2013/05/03This tomato haircut is a work of art by a hairdresser called Hiro who works in a hair salon in Osaka. It seems that this kind of haircuts are very popular among a group of trendy young people who hang out in the Amemura district in Osaka. Other similar haircuts, following the same style. Source: [...]
- The Three Arrows, The Miniskirt And The Bras of Abenomics 2013/05/14
- one|seven|nine 2012/01/11[WHEN WILL KUKUBURI UPDATE AGAIN?] … is the question i most often get; on this blog, in emails, and at cons; and i am flattered. i wish i had a definite answer. i love kukuburi, and i have not abandoned it. i’ve just had to step away from the comic for longer than anticipated. i am working, when time [...]
- HAPPY HOLIDAYS 2011/12/23GREETINGS ALL! with the holidays here, i’ve decided to take a brief… holiday. my year has been full tilt, and while i love working on kukuburi i never rested between the end of working on TALE OF SAND and returning to the comic. so in an effort to relax i shall be taking this (inadvertently) and [...]
- one|seventy|eight 2011/12/17minutes before the week is out the cavalry arrives! as i mentioned last week TALE OF SAND hit the stands this week in limited release, with a full release coming in january. also announced today was my next project; JOHN CARTER: THE GODS OF MARS for marvel comics! have a great weekend my friends.
- one|seventy|seven 2011/12/14what we have here is an issue of timing… hope everyone had a great weekend! the days are getting busy but i hope to have another page of kukuburi up by friday! speaking of busy, and one of the reasons why i disappeared for a year – tomorrow a limited release of TALE OF SAND hits the [...]
- one|seventy|six 2011/12/09let’s end off the week with a nice family portrait of the kukuburi cavalry! also, a thank you to martin hopwood for the newest addition to the kukuburi fan art gallery – truly inspiring to receive such a great piece during the comic’s return. thanks martin! have a great weekend everyone and see you next week… r.
- one|seven|nine 2012/01/11
- Xbox One Is The First Games Console For People Who Don't Like Games 2013/05/21
- IBM's Watson Is Bringing "Cognitive Computing" to Customer Service 2013/05/21
- Xbox One: Here's What We Know About Microsoft's New Console 2013/05/21
- Climate Change Will Increase Heat-Related Deaths In NYC, Study Says 2013/05/21
- U.S. Has Depleted Two Lake Eries' Worth Of Groundwater Since 1900 2013/05/21
- .@NASA releases satellite images of the Oklahoma Tornado. It's wind speeds were 166 and 200 miles per hour: cmplx.it/11bqb9C 25 minutes ago
- #Bossup and improve your interior decor. 25 more awesome prints under $200 that you can buy right now: cmplx.it/11aLqCJ 1 hour ago
- These celebrities need to cool it with the quotes on Instagram: cmplx.it/12m35d5 #picturesonly 10 hours ago
- Up, down, up, down, x, x, x! We Tumblforya: Xbox Gamer Girls: cmplx.it/YY8yHX 11 hours ago
- Behind every great artist, there's a muse: cmplx.it/161tROu 11 hours ago
- Scanadu Updates Its Tricorder, Gets One Step Closer To RealityLate last year we told you about Scanadu and its real-life tricorder, called the SCOUT. Within 10 seconds of direct contact to your left temple, the SCOUT analyzes, records and spits back your vitals, including temperature, respiratory rate, ECG, blood pressure (systolic, diastolic), stress and oximetry levels. Today, Scanadu is announcing three upgrades to […]peter ha
- This 1.5TB Laptop Drive Is the Most Memory-Dense You Can BuyWhile SSDs are blisteringly fast, they still can't offer the capacities that the humble hard disk provides. Especially this one, because with 1.5 TB squeezed into its tiny little frame, it's the most memory-dense drive you can buy right now.Read more...Jamie Condliffe
- There's been a mass exodus of senior staff from HTC this week, but it could get worse.There's been a mass exodus of senior staff from HTC this week, but it could get worse. Former product strategy manager Eric Lin has tweeted: "To all my friends still at @HTC - just quit. leave now. it’s tough to do, but you’ll be so much happier, I swear." Yelp!Read more...Jamie Condliffe
- All The Meteorites That Have Been Seen Falling to Earth Since 2500 BCSince 2005 BC over 35,000 meteorites are known to have hit the Earth—but just 1,107 have actually been seen falling. This visualization shows how they pockmarked our planet over time.Read more...Jamie Condliffe
- Scanadu Updates Its Tricorder, Gets One Step Closer To Reality
- Original Fiction: THE CHASE firstname.lastname@example.org (Rylan Cavell)
- Gaming News: The XBOX ONE EssentialsToday, Microsoft unveiled their next generation console, the Xbox One. Cue jokes referencing both it being a singular sensation and the loneliest console. So, what are the absolute essential facts you need to know about the upcoming console that Microsoft is branding as the “all-in-one entertainment system?” Let’s find out! First, let’s start with the system […]email@example.com (Nick Ransbottom)
- TV Trailer: AVENGERS ASSEMBLEShare your comments below or on Twitterinfo@starburstmagazine.com (Administrator)
- Interview: Scott Stewart, Director of DARK SKIESScott Stewart began as a visual effects artist on such films as Mars Attacks!, Jurassic Park: The Lost World and Iron Man working his way up to directing Legion, Priest and his new science fiction thriller: Dark Skies. Starburst: Were you always interested in sci-fi growing up? Scott Stewart: Yes. I grew up in Northern California watching Night Gallery and t […]firstname.lastname@example.org (Whitney Scott Bain)
- Interview: Megan Thomas Bradner, Harrison Wilcox and Brandon Auman | IRON MAN - RISE OF THE TECHNOVORETo coincide with the release of Iron Man 3, Marvel teamed up with Madhouse to release a little title by the name of Iron Man: Rise of the Technovore. Focusing on Tony Stark coming up against a far more advanced being than himself or his suit, the story pulled heavily from the characterisations and developments that we’ve seen in the recent Marvel cinematic f […]email@example.com (Andrew Pollard)